How healthcare used to be and how it will be
Big Data and machine learning are changing the way healthcare goods and services are being delivered to the population and their business models. Sensors will be placed at any touchpoint where consumers interface with the health system.
How it used to be: Reactive Health
- Seek health services when feeling ill
- Consumer sorts through different care options
- Data is then captured to confirm the diagnosis
How it will be: Proactive Health
- Data is captured via medical-grade wearables
- Care option reaches out if there is an anomaly
- Provider already has the historical dataset of relevant biomarkers and genetic predisposition
We didn´t see it comingJohn has no plan / famous last words
This article is worth reading: Data from wearables helped teach an AI to spot signs of diabetes emphasizes the importance of data and makes it clear that the system can only detect signs of diabetes rather than making diagnoses and treatment decisions.